Council Grove Municipal Court
US 56 comes plwing through Council Gove and meets SR 177 in the middle of town.
ABOUT THE AREA
In an attempt to ensure that Kaw boys behaved in a manner acceptable to the white culture; the Kaws mission was established right after 1850. THe school was closed four years later because of the excessive cost at that time of educating each boy. The mission building is now maintained as a museum by the Kansas State Historical Society and is open to the public for tours. The cottage House hotel began in the late 1860's as a three room cottage and blacksmith shop. It contnued to expand throughout the years. Today it is a completely restored prairie Victorian hotel which continues to serve travelers.