Mission Woods Municipal Court
This court is located in the same place as the Westwood and Westwood Hills Municipal courts. US 56 passes through Mission Woods.
ABOUT THE AREA
A log structure built was the first private home built in the area around 1860 in what is now a town of only 4 streets. In the 1920's the original family sold part of the land they owned, which was close to 2000 acres, to Mission Hills Country Club. When the Great Depression came the country club was forced to sell its land North of the course and in the late 1930's a Mission Hills member, bought the land and began developing it. The tree-studded ridged fairways on which the homes were built gave rise to the name Mission Woods.