Black Jack Municipal Court
- 314-355-0400, Ext. 102
- Mailing Address:
- 12500 Old Jamestown Rd., Black Jack, MO 63033
- Street Address:
- 12500 Old Jamestown Road, Black Jack, MO 63033
- WWW Link:
Old Jamestown road passes through Black Jack and meets Parker road in the Southern part of town.
ABOUT THE AREA
The city was incorporated recently, around 1970, but it got its start in the 1840's. It takes its name from the group of three large Black Jack Oak Trees which stood at the intersection of Parker and Old Halls Ferry Roads. The site soon became a rest spot for farmers bringing their wheat, cordwood and garden products to the market, offering shelter from the heat and a rendezvous. A modest one room log house was erected nearby and was soon followed by the establishment of general stores and a blacksmith shop. Along with residential buildings the commercial district of the town began to grow. A large tobacco barn was also erected. The postal department selected the name for the the town in the 1860's. Harold J. Evangelista park has tennis courts, horseshoe pits, baseball fields, pavilions, playgrounds and a soccer field.
Hon. John Duepner