Chesterfield Municipal Court
- Mailing Address:
- 690 Chesterfield Pkwy. W., Chesterfield, MO 63017
- Street Address:
- 690 Chesterfield Pkwy. West, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- WWW Link:
IS 64 and US 40 run through Chesterfield.
ABOUT THE AREA
Chesterfield began as a group of towns or communities which existed within the present city limits with their post offices until one by one the post offices closed or transferred leaving only the Chesterfield post office in operation. Around 1851 Bellemonte was the first post office but in 1869 became Bellefontaine. What started out as "Hog Hollow", became Lake. There was also Gumbo whose post office ceased operation around 1907. Monarch started out as Atherton and then was named Eatherton. Bonhomme was close to the Howell's Ferry landing. Chesterfield as a community existed as early as around 1817. Orrville was located just south of Wild Horse Creek Road. Now there are about 20 homes in Chesterfield which are over 100 years old. The Faust Park Historic Village is made up of four homes and multiple other structures including a schoolhouse, carriage house, blacksmith shop, along with period gardens which cover a period from around 1840 to 1888. THese structures were all moved from somewhere else in the Chesterfield area except for the Miles Seed Carriage House. The village is located in Faust park along with the St. Louis Carousel and the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House which includes an outdoor butterfly garden and two large sculptures.
Hon. Rick Brunk