Webster Groves Municipal Court
- Mailing Address:
- Four E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves, MO 63119
- Street Address:
- 4 E. Lockwood Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119
- WWW Link:
IS 44 seprates Webster Groves into North and South.
ABOUT THE AREA
Up until the first years of the 19th century, an area a few miles Southwest of ST. Louis, of which Webster Groves was a part, was known and inhabited by Osage and Dakota Indians and fur trappers. When the area was changing from Spanish to French ownership; to promote immigration a system of land grants was started. A few years into the 19th century; as a part of this program an immigrant was granted approximately 6,000 acres by the last Spanish Lieutenant governor. This was the major area now known as Webster Groves. Its location on the Pacific Railroad line gave impetus to its development as a community. Around 1896, the communities of Webster, Old Orchard, Webster Park, Tuxedo Park, and Selma merged to become a municipality with a unified city government. When the people in this town want to relax or exercise they go to anyone of 17 parks or the Action Park with its in-line skating rink and skate park; the Aquatic Center which has a children's pool, leisure pool, competitive pool and spray park playground and fitness center.
Hon. James Whitney