Caruthersville Municipal Court
SR U and SR 84 meet in Caruthersville, while IS 155 and US 412 pass through the extreme Southwest corner of the town.
ABOUT THE AREA
The city lies at the border with Tennessee. Native Americans inhabited the area in the neighborhood of Caruthersville before European settlers came and they built huge earth mounds one of which, standing at close to 270 feet, still exists a few miles Southwest of the city. Caruthersville was plotted around 1857 and incorporated seventeen years later. Around 1898 the city was selected as the county seat and one year later all records were moved here from Gayoso, the first county seat. The land in town required extensive clearing of swamplands accomplished by the construction of levees in the county. The city was first called La Petite Prairie then was known as Lost Village and finally Caruthersville. Three of the city's parks; French, England and Reynolds have playground equipment, a softball field, picnic tables, basketball courts, picnic pavilions, a walking track, a public nine hole golf course, Kiwanis baseball field, a four field sports complex and a river access boat ramp. A fourth park, Veterans park, has a Huey helicopter in the center of the park which is surrounded by benches commemorating various wars and branches of service and monuments in the rear of park honoring Veterans of all branches of service.
Hon. Thomas Collins