Spencer Town Court
Spencer Town Court is in the Town Hall, next to the Police Department. Rte 96 becomes East Tioga Street, east of the Rtes 96/34 intersection.<br><br>We normally like to come up with cute rhymes based on things like judges names, but weren't feeling creating at the moment we updated. You'd think we could come up with something good for Bleck. But not feeling it.
ABOUT THE AREA
Originally known as Drake's Settlement, it became Spencer in honor of Judge Ambrose Spencer, in 1806. "Pumpkin Hook" was a popular nickname for Spencer, because someone "hooked" steaming pumpkin pies from Mother Purdy's window. The town of Spencer includes Cowell's Corners, Spencer Springs (for a nearby mineral spring), Milltown & Huggtown (now North Spencer). The Seely Company, which ran grist & saw mills, a store, hotel, glove factory & electric company, gave its name to the western part of town, known as Seelytown.
Justice Lawrence D. Bleck, Junior
District Attorney (607-687-8650; fax 687-1614); Town Attorney: John Barney (273-6841)