Lyons Town Court
ABOUT THE AREA
The town of Lyons was part of the Pulteney Estate and settlers started to take over the area in 1789. The area became known as the "Forks" and many people still call the town by that name. The town was officially organized in 1811 when a town board was created. Another section of the Erie Canal was built here in 1821 and this helped more people to settle in the area. The Erie Canal provided jobs that would ship products to New York City and also work in maintaining the Canal itself. Hotchkiss Essential Oil Company was moved to Lyons in 1841 and this also provided jobs. The town was on its way to becoming what it is today with a population of over 5,000 people. Town contains the appropriately named village of Lyons.
Honorable James R. Blandino & Hon. Nicholas A. Forgione
Richard M. Healy District Attorney
TYPE OF CASES
Traffic offenses from Rtes 31 & 14. The occasional criminal behavior provokes appearances in the town court.